LIBAW Christian Social Network

Jim Neugent

A Coach In Childress , Texas

Writes To ABC Network

Jim Writes:

My name is Jim Neugent. I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called 'THE PRACTICE.' In last nights episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license so she could marry her 'partner.' I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really did not expect a reply, but I did get one.

My original message was:

ABC is obsessed with the subject of homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. ' THE PRACTICE' can be a fairly good show, but last night's program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay, and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a 'gay basher.'

Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible); and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it..... He, God and Jesus were all 'gay bashers'. What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative life style? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)
--Jim Neugent

Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says 'All Men are Created equal,' and try treating them that way for a change!

Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in the minority in this country, and your boycott will not affect us at ABC or our freedom of statement.

Jim Neugent's second response to ABC:

Thanks for your reply. From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve. I will share it with all with whom I come in contact. Hopefully, the Arkansas Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be praying for you.

- -Jim Neugent- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a crutch?
Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.

Jim Neugent
I wonder if the person from ABC considered how many people would eventually read this e-mail!

Please, if you are a Christian, pass this on to others so they may be aware.

WE NEED TO SAVE WHAT WE HAVE LEFT OF THIS COUNTRY!

Tags: BIBLE, CHRISTAINITY, FAITH

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My thoughts are in two parts. First of all, i think the responce from ABC was very rude and disrespectful. I hope he got fired ( and i seem to remeber that he did if i remeber the article i read about it).

Secondly, (and this is where my liberal side come out). I don't watch the Practice, mainly because its not my type of show. BUt as with all television shows, they reflect (sometimes poorly) all people, not just christians. The fact is, there are gay people, and situations like this do come up in life, and the show was simply telling a story. My responce to most situations like this is that is you don't like the type of stories on a show, then simply don't watch it. If networks had to cater thier shows to be unoffensive to everyone, we would be left watching blank screens. Everything can offend somebody. There is no way to only tell stories that are completely inoffensive. Television is for the "masses" and can't cater to one particular belief set. My advice to christians who are offended by this type of program is to simply not watch it. And frankly, as a fan of secular media, I can say if you skip these shows, you aren't missing much. Regardless of content or story lines, the quality of television shows of all genres has gotton so bad, that i tend to spend my TV time watching reruns of star trek more than anything else. lol. I wouldn't put too much thought into television shows. They are mindless and low quality about 80% of the time. The best thing we can do is simpy not watch them.
I just wanted to know what others are thinking. My stand is always with the Word of God. That means I agree with Him. I know that Jesus died for all of mankind to demonstrate the Love of God for all mankind.I agree with what has been said about not watching that which offends. I also strongly believe that many in that life style would turn from it if the Gospel was demonstrated in Agape Love and Holy Spirit Power. Hear the words of Jesus:Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Thank you for your comments!
I was taught that there is an underlying reason for everything that people just tend to dismiss. There is an angelic/demonic conflict going on here. Demons are using their dark persuasion to get our society to tolerate this sexual perversion. You are not 'cool' unless you support or tolerate homo-sexual lifestyles. I was attacked in college verbally over this subject by a 'cool' guy that was stoned on marajuana. Boy was he ever heated. his face got red. He started asking me questions like 'If God is real, then why........." I finally had to say, "Look, I believe in Him. I am not God, I can't answer all these questions. I just beleive". He started to get all heated again, and I asked him "Are you okay?" he was practically yelling at me over this. He finally backed off. I don't understand why anyone would get so angry about it. I have 2 lesbians and 2 gays living on my street (2 different houses), and they leave me alone. And I don't go yelling at them. I don't get it.....??
Thank you!
lol. yes he does Tammy. Very scary! both in looks and practice.
amen! we should lead by example and kindness, not hatred.
Thank you!
I would like to commend you for standing up for the moral guide the constution was based on. The fact you did not respond in anger leads me to believe your sincere in this conviction. Our constition (my spelling stinks) has been warped to justify peoples conscience but will not excuse their sin before God. It drives home to me there is much more praying to do. One for the heart and soul of mankind in general and that our eyes will be opened to the fact that our freedom was based on the fact we were created in the image of our loving creator. Not to force all to except inmorallity. I will join you in prayer for those blinded by Gods enemy. God bless you.
I wasn't aware that it was. Sorry! I still wanted to know what people though about the issue. Was not trying to get poeple upset. I did'nt get upset. I know in whom I believe and nothing and no one will change that.Thanks for your comment!!

RSS

Latest Activity

Michael is now a member of LIBAW Christian Social Network
16 hours ago
Marner Campbell Benjamin posted a status
19 hours ago
Joseph J. Breunig 3rd posted a blog post
yesterday
Ezra Mulbah is now a member of LIBAW Christian Social Network
yesterday
Ernest Jackson liked S.P. Spiritual Peace's profile
Wednesday