Want to be part of a "Christ-centered" and "culturally relevant" church that fits in well with the "OC" Southern California lifestyle? Where pastors wear Hawaiian shirts? I just came across a posting for High School Pastor with Pacific Coast Church in San Clemente, California.
Starting salary: $50,000 - $60,000/year plus benefits.
Somewhere in ad I think the name of Jesus is mentioned ... There might even be a reference to the Bible or the Gospel ... But, what the heck! They're laid back beach people, they've got the best climate in the world, they've got an ocean view and are close to the freeway.
Here's the job posting ...
High School Pastor
Pacific Coast Church is in search of a young, highly motivated team member to serve in the role of High School Pastor in our Youth Ministry. The High School Pastor’s main function is to oversee our entire ministry to high school students, both the ones who already attend as well as the ones who need to be reached at our local high school.
* PCC is looking for an experienced Youth Pastor with Innovative Visionary who is a big picture thinker.
* He should have excellent communication skills to inspire others to follow his vision for how he sees God reaching the youth in San Clemente.
* He needs to be an effective communicator and a teen “magnet”.
* We evaluate leadership based on these three general criteria in this order: 1) Character (Love God & others); 2) Capacity (skill set, gifting, ministry fruit); 3) Chemistry (how someone fits with our existing team, church & community culture).
About Pacific Coast Church
LOCATION / DEMOGRAPHIC
It's sickening to see what is happening in the church today. Jesus Christ has been cast aside in a minor supporting role as the church redefines itself to be culturally relevant and engaging.
Here's another job posting. Does anyone know what this job really is--in plain English? It's supposed to be a position in a church, but it sounds like a marketing and promotion job for a fast growing high-tech startup. Is that what Christianity has become--a feel-good consumer product in the American marketplace?
More gibberish ... This time sounding very New Agey ... From Minnesota in the American heartland ... A church in the basement... or a microbrewery for the Lord???
Elevate has become a modern underground movement in the Mankato area; literally…we are a church in a basement. Why? Because anywhere is better than the status quo! This past summer we bought a microbrewery in the name of God. Renovation of the nearly 14,000 square feet should be ready for us to move in this spring.
The Worship Director assists the senior pastor in creating environments at Elevate where people can encounter and respond to God.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide spiritual and visionary leadership to the Worship and Production teams.
• Cast vision, along with the senior pastor, of the spiritual and artistic direction of the church.
• Partner with the senior pastor to determine the focus, content, messaging and creative approach of each service.
• Recruit, shepherd and develop volunteers to be creative leaders throughout the church while fostering and creating an atmosphere of unity and community within the teams.
• Oversee the brainstorming process.
• Develop, implement and evaluate plans to achieve the creative goal.
• Oversee all aspects of the service execution.
• Supervisor may assign other duties.
It's the perfect job: If you're an "Innovative Visionary who is a big picture thinker"... and a "teen 'magnet.' "
After Bishop Eddie Long's Crowning Kingship ceremony at his Atlanta Mausoleum (oops, I mean church) angered the ADL and a host of other Jewish Rabbi's maybe he could apply. I hear he is a "teen magnet" ("allegedly").
You Tube pulled all the videos this morning.
had a hard time finding this.
Praise God! How many feel an anointing in the room?
Bishop Eddie Long, wrapped up in a Torah scroll, sitting on a throne, and crowned king in an ostentacious display before an ecstatic crowd at his megachurch.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but wanting to have their ears tickled,
they will accumulate for themselves teachers
in accordance to their own desires,
and will turn away their ears from the truth and
will turn aside to myths"
(2 Timothy 4.3-4, NASB).
Praise God! How many feel an anointing in the room?
You scared me for a moment Colby..
The video loads so slow but toward the end they lift him in his mock throne above their heads and parade him around in the air to a Hebrew liturgical chant, dim lights, and a swaying congregation of thousands.
Fred Price had a similar ceremony several years ago, (replete with masonic symbolism) not quite as ADL offensive but sickening just the same.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Feel an anointing. I'm still rolling
They ought to have shag-dance contests too. They would draw the older generation into the "beach" vibe.
Well we can tell where the church is heading. Well not all church's are like this. But this one just makes me sick. I mean they leave out Jesus. This is NOT a Christ centered church or ministry. This must make Jesus sick to see church's doing things like this to get butts in seats and pews on Sundays and Wednesday nights. A lot of church's will do anything to bring people to church. Its like that saying "Seeker Friendly."
I would rather serve with 5 seekers of Christ then 500 Christians shouting, hands raised, running-aisle people living on emotions any day of the week