LIBAW Christian Social Network

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" (1 Cor 6:9)
This is one big issue or topic all over the world now. Churches are confused as to what to say about this topic, most preachers are trading carefully on this issue so as not to offend people. But we are Bible preachers because we preach out of the Bible, so every topic or issue must be examined through the Bible. I have faced this question several times recently, is it a sin to be gay or lesbian? As a preacher, I do not make my own laws, but look at what the bible say about any issues.

Our scripture above clearly say that is a sin against God because He did not create anyone to be that way, it is perversion. It is deviation from the plan and purpose of God. It describe sexual behaviours that are abnormal and repulsive. All through the Old and New Testament, the Bible clearly states that is an abomination to our God.

Finally, God can heal you from same-sex attraction. While it is normal for have heterosexual attraction; it is not normal to have same-sex attraction. I don't think you have to tolerate these overwhelming feelings.

However, you said, "I will never be attracted to the opposite sex." As long as you believe that lie, you will stay attracted only to same-sex. You have to come to a point in your faith that you believe anything is possible with God. So I recommend you receiving inner healing from homosexual attraction. Find out what happened in your life that may have injured your psyche so badly that you struggle with these feelings.
Any thing that is not planted by God shall be uprooted.

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I'm glad we didn't offend you because for a bunch of bible thumpers sometimes it is very easy to do.

I'm with you Jason God is above pettiness. But he's also Holy and dead set against sin. I'll leave it at that.

I really do hope that both of us (not just you) will search for the absolute truth on this earth. Not relative truths they not truths at all. We can't wait until judgement day hoping we are right only to figure out we were wrong. Well...I shouldn't say we can't because we certainly can. But I'm not leaving my salvation up to chance. I put my money on Jesus. But that's just me. :)

This is really a great discussion, I really love it but the only problem is we seem to be comparing apples with oranges here.  Some talking about what God says about others are not considering what the bible says.  The only way to really discuss these types of things is all being on the same page.

Is it sin to be gay or lesbian?  How do we know what sin is?  Well we need to see what God says about that...

"[20] And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
[21] I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know."  Gen 18:20-21 

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."  Romans 1:26-27

Pretty plan and simple...they  were judged by God for their sin. 

Sorry Jason, I believe the word of God to be inspired, infallible and the only truth.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"  2 Timothy 3:16

Psalm 119:160 "The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever."

John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth."

Never let us be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of peace.” ~ J. C. Ryle

Jason, if we say that one is born that way then we say God made a mistake and that is blaming God for the sinful behavior of man/woman;

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"  Romans 3:23

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"  Numbers 23:19

" And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.   And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"  Romans 1:27-

THUS SAITH THE LORD!!

I'm going to answer the question you ask Jason for him. If he wants to rebut my statement then so be it. You asked:  Are you saying that people are being impolite and condemning by praying for you? I would say no, he doesn't mind people praying for him but they are telling him that we will pray for you because first of all, we know you're not a Christian because of your beliefs. And 2, normally when people say that in this type of atmosphere, it's a holier than thou statement saying they are closer to the Father then he is & they will bring him before the father because they feel sorry for him. That is what he means by that is my guess. 

you hit the nail on the head.    

I am guilty of saying it as well.  I believe you have a point Tammy.  Often times it is even a flippant reply just to keep from saying something more offensive.  We do need to be careful in applying the"I'll pray for you" response.  I like what Joy said about it being a better policy to just do it and keep your mouth shut.

Amen Joy

KJV and Tammy, A friend of mine refers to the "I'll pray for you" and other smug and flippant responses, which convey an air of smug self-righteousness, as "the Holy stiff arm."  :)

Colby, never heard that one but I see where they're coming from.

I use to do it with my late husband. Afterwards, I would feel horrible as if I was the class pet or something. I have done it to Tim a couple of times but it didn't work. lololol

I agree as well with Joy. When we pray, go to your closet & don't stand in the street to be a spectacle.   I totally feel that's what they meant though because why does it even need to be said? For instance, you could say it humbly like "Is there something I can pray with you about?" or something to that effect. But when they tell you they gonna pray for u in the manner in which I feel they mean it, I would be respond by saying"Don't do me any favors." Just keep your pie hole shut & lift them before the throne. I know when I've done it, the attitude I had when doing it & it was that of pride. That's why I believe that's the way they mean it as well. One thing about Jason is it's hard to offend him. He has absolutely no problem with people standing on their beliefs but when you start knocking him in the back of the head with a frying pan by proclaiming you're going to pray for him because he's dying & going to hell, that's when the claws show. But, he has no problem with you taking a stand be it on homosexuals or Creation. He has made me dig deeper for many years now. I guess it's good when he gets off for a while because it gives my brain a rest. 

@Jason - I'm praying for you

now im offended.  ;)       

no, Tammy is correct.  i am not easily offended.  I came to this site a few years ago, and quickly learned my views do not always match with the rest of the members.   Just as you all believe with all your heart and faith that you are correct, i believe in my heart and soul that I am correct on this issue.   My faith and my life experiences have taught be to take the bible with a grain of salt.   I know this is not a shared opinion by most of you, but it is my belief. 

RSS

Latest Activity

C.Charles left a comment for shadrick mark
18 hours ago
C.Charles and shadrick mark are now friends
18 hours ago
shadrick mark liked Sarah Boone's profile
yesterday
perez Balijuka shared Pastor Dave's video on Facebook
Monday
GodsBrunette updated their profile
Monday