LIBAW Christian Social Network

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" (1 Cor 6:9)
This is one big issue or topic all over the world now. Churches are confused as to what to say about this topic, most preachers are trading carefully on this issue so as not to offend people. But we are Bible preachers because we preach out of the Bible, so every topic or issue must be examined through the Bible. I have faced this question several times recently, is it a sin to be gay or lesbian? As a preacher, I do not make my own laws, but look at what the bible say about any issues.

Our scripture above clearly say that is a sin against God because He did not create anyone to be that way, it is perversion. It is deviation from the plan and purpose of God. It describe sexual behaviours that are abnormal and repulsive. All through the Old and New Testament, the Bible clearly states that is an abomination to our God.

Finally, God can heal you from same-sex attraction. While it is normal for have heterosexual attraction; it is not normal to have same-sex attraction. I don't think you have to tolerate these overwhelming feelings.

However, you said, "I will never be attracted to the opposite sex." As long as you believe that lie, you will stay attracted only to same-sex. You have to come to a point in your faith that you believe anything is possible with God. So I recommend you receiving inner healing from homosexual attraction. Find out what happened in your life that may have injured your psyche so badly that you struggle with these feelings.
Any thing that is not planted by God shall be uprooted.

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know you are never unpopular with me. You my boy - well man. We go way back. Don't stay gone so long next time.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Where do your beliefs come from? Do you really believe our Creator would leave us here in this phenomenal Creation to try to figure everything out for ourselves? As intelligent as you are, I know you cannot believe that. What exactly do you base your Christian faith on if not the word? I personally have nothing else to fall back on when my world is falling apart and it feels like my prayers are bouncing off the ceiling. When I cannot lean not on my own understanding it's His word I go to. How did you know to receive Christ as your Savior if you didn't learn this from the word? 

Tammy, you asked "Do you really believe our Creator would leave us here in this phenomenal Creation to try to figure everything out for ourselves?"  

Absolutely. I believe the bible is the beginning of Christianity, not the instruction manual. God blessed us with intelligence, reason, etc and gave us a huge world to figure out.  The Bible is a great beginning to that journey, but i truly do not believe God intended the bible as an instruction manual but rather a history of early Christianity and  moral guide.  The bible is full of wonderful lessons, teachings, and stories, that can help us. But I do not believe that we are to follow it as a way to live in modern times.    using homosexuality as an example, the people of biblical times would have no way of knowing that there is a biological disposition to being homosexual.  they did not know of the "gay" gene, scientific method, etc.  These were people that were just a few steps above worshiping the sun, or other false gods. Their level of knowledge was well behind ours in the modern world.  I find the fear of the world that fundamentalist Christians have very concerning.  It scares me to be honest.    

Jason,

Like Tammy, I love you, I have missed your participation in the discussions here in the Forum, and while we do not always agree, I appreciate the thoughtful perspective and vigorous debate you bring to the issues. There is room for healthy and vigorous debate here--speaking the truth in love and contending for the faith with gentleness and respect--and we all learn from sharing our diverse viewpoints. "Iron sharpens iron," as Proverbs 27.17 tells us.

I also agree with Tammy that the Bible is the inspired word of God (2 Timothy 3.16); that it, not our subjective feelings and whims, speaks for God as the reliable and final authority in matters of faith, morals (i.e., right and wrong), and practice.  The Bible, in my view, is neither a mere collection of fairy tales with a good moral, nor is it time-bound and/or culture-bound.  It has timeless and universal application.  But, I digress--the origin, reliability and authority of the Bible are best addressed in a separate discussion topic. Accordingly, I believe that based on a careful reading of the Scriptures, homosexual relations are sinful.

Biblical teaching about homosexuality is found in Genesis 2.18-24.  This text provides the foundation for marriage and for sexuality.  All of Scripture only recognizes marriage between a man and a woman, and sex only appropriate between husband and wife. This is a strong argument.  The only references to homosexual behavior in the Bible either expressly forbid it or speak negatively of it (See Leviticus 20.13, Romans 1.26-27, and 1 Corinthians 6.9-10). There have been creative attempts to discount or to reinterpret these verses, but they are not convincing.

Even if it could be proven by science that genetics are involved with same-sex attraction, that would prove nothing more than people can be born with genetic defects. The reality of the Fall-–man’s fall from a sinless state-–guarantees that the world and every person is defective in some way. It guarantees that we will feel sin to be natural. Most of the sins we commit, we do so because they feel natural to us. Make no mistake: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3.23; 5.12).

I am not halfway on this issue; I am concerned with the growing acceptance of homosexuality in our society. But we also need to examine our hearts. How much is our objection to homosexuality the result of being convicted by the Scriptures, and how much is mere aversion to "those kind of people?"

Some are guilty of making homosexuality the sin that should fear everyone with loathing and disgust. For them, it is the chief of sins, and gay and lesbian people are hated and rejected under the label of abomination.  Of course, this hardly comes as a surprise, for this is the one sin that many are not tempted to commit.

We need to show the love of Christ to gay and lesbian people. We need to let them know that though we cannot condone the sin, they will find true friendship in us. Don't forget the biggest complaint of the Pharisees about Jesus: That he was a friend of sinners.

I will extend a welcome to those who are struggling with homosexuality. I will not reject them; I will not be repulsed by them. I extend to anyone the compassion of the Gospel and the love of God.

Grace and peace be with you,

Colby

I am not halfway on this issue; I am concerned with the growing acceptance of homosexuality in our society. But we also need to examine our hearts. How much is our objection to homosexuality the result of being convicted by the Scriptures, and how much is mere aversion to "those kind of people?"

Some are guilty of making homosexuality the sin that should fear everyone with loathing and disgust. For them, it is the chief of sins, and gay and lesbian people are hated and rejected under the label of abomination.  Of course, this hardly comes as a surprise, for this is the one sin that many are not tempted to commit.

We need to show the love of Christ to gay and lesbian people. We need to let them know that though we cannot condone the sin, they will find true friendship in us. Don't forget the biggest complaint of the Pharisees about Jesus: That he was a friend of sinners.

I will extend a welcome to those who are struggling with homosexuality. I will not reject them; I will not be repulsed by them. I extend to anyone the compassion of the Gospel and the love of God. - I concur

I respect both your opinions, and i do understand that im in the minority on this subject. I won't argue my case, for i have done it many times, only to be criticized, pitied or just ignored, or told that i will be prayed for.   Since im told many times that i will be prayed for regarding this matter, i will do the same. I pray that those of you who truly believe it is a sin, will one day be enlightened and realize that its not.    

I don't believe I said I would pray for you. I def don't pity you. lololol. I don't want to argue my case either. You seen how short my replies are. Like I said earlier, when this topic comes up, I always try to be sensitive you because of my love for you. (Man, that didn't sound right coming from a married woman) but you know what I mean. The questions I asked like what do you base your faith of Christ on if not on the Word were truly legit questions that I desired to understand. It wasn't for argument sake in the least. But, like you, I'm done on this one. Thanks for the prayer. I only desire to know the Full Truth and nothing less. Prayer & seeking Him will draw me closer to that goal. 

So um...are you familiar with the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. God and 2 angels come down to destroy Sodom, and the WHOLE city of men comes out and wants to have SEX with them.

Just out of curiosity, not wanting to start an argument or ridicule, but how is a whole city of men born gay? ALL men both young and old? Genesis 19 

I wont argue with you on whether or not you believe that Jesus is our model and we should  live holy lives, because we can't force you to be who you don't want to be. 

But if you aren't going to base what is and isn't sin off the bible, what do you base it off? Your own logic and reasoning?

You can certainly see the differences in all of us who have participated in this discussion.  It is interesting as the newcomer to read your perspectives. And believe me I don't think there is anything I can add.

So after re-reading everyones reply I will post another discussion.

Colby, said very nicely said for that I applaud you, I'm in complete agreement with you on this.  We are challenged to hate the sin but love the sinner.  

It is God's business to deal with sin not ours all God ask us to do is share the word in season and out of season, then God deals with the heart.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."  2 Tim 4:2

It was for this sin that we speak of that Sodom & Gomorrah was destroyed.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."   Jude 1:7

blessings

Trust me, I'm not afraid of the world. Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world. Luv u

Joy I didn't find what you said rude, but a stern warning of truth.

If the bible is just a story book then we are back to square one. How do we find God? How do we please him? How can we wrong our rights? "Let's come up with a new religion"

i don't feel joy was being rude either.  you are speaking from what you believe in your heart, just as I was.   You feel you are correct, and i disagree.  but no offense was taken.   Thats the difficult aspect of discussions of faith. Maybe im wrong, maybe your wrong, maybe we are both wrong and we will die one day to find out that snake handling was the way to go.   We won't know for sure until we are called home. But what i have stated, i truly believe.  do i believe god is omnipotent, and omniscient.  of course.  He is above all in all things.  Which is why i have a hard time believing that he would readily condemn the actions of a group of people he created.  He is above pettiness.  

RSS

Latest Activity

Chelsea-Nicole Warren posted a status
"There's no doubt in my mind that I need Jesus. He's my rock I build life on. He's who I live for everyday. My fortress. My Love. My Father"
4 hours ago
Chelsea-Nicole Warren updated their profile
4 hours ago
"I just started a blog for Christians!! :D"
4 hours ago
"My goal in life is to get my diploma of divinity and get ordained and either teach theology at a college or become a pastor! :) ♥"
6 hours ago
"Reading the Bible is the perfect way to unwind and relax :)"
8 hours ago
"This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ's, sacrifice that he made to save my life and to free me from sin! <3"
yesterday
Chelsea-Nicole Warren and Pastor Dave are now friends
yesterday
Pastor Dave updated their profile
Thursday

© 2014   Created by Pastor Greg.

Widget  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service